This Sunday in Hero Factory we had so much fun. The kids were all on top form and I was blown away with how much they know about Peter. After having a few weeks off Kids Church it was so nice to go back and see what the children have been learning. Also in Richmond, excitement is building as we can now see the new door to our new room which is coming soon. Plus in Barnard Castle with the light nights and sunny weather we were able to play in the park before Kids Church.
So to find out what we got up to on Sunday then keep reading.
Richmond, Barnard Castle and Penrith
This Sunday we learnt all about how Peter and how he listened. After Jesus had died Peter and some of the disciples head out to go fishing. They had been fishing all night with no chance of catching anything. A man in the distance appeared on the shore and told them to pick up there nets and throw them on to the other side of the boat. When they did they caught 153 fish. They soon began to realise that the man was Jesus and when they got to the shore they celebrated and had breakfast with him. They would have been so excited to see him, especially after what had happened.
On Sunday we wanted the children to see that when we listen to God and do what he says great things can happen. I am sure we have all had times in our life when we have listened and God has spoken to us. Some of the leaders through out the day shared with the children how they have heard God speak to them and when they followed what he said great things happened.
Tea Time Talk
- How would have the disciples been feeling after Jesus had died?
- When Peter and some of the men went fishing they waited all night to catch some fish but caught nothing. How would you have felt?
- When Jesus appeared on the shore and told them what to do they followed and caught lots of fish. Why is it important to listen to not only people around us but also God?
- Has God ever spoken to you? Parents maybe share a time God spoke to you.
- What did he say and did you put it in to action?
- Spend sometime praying together.
Next week we find out how Peter finds himself in a sticky situation in prison but because of the power of Prayer. Incredible things happen.