This week in all locations we started our new and exciting series – Peter This is your Life! Over the next 6 weeks we will be looking at some of the incredible things Peter got up to throughout his journey and life.
Richmond, Barnard Castle and Penrith
This week we started by talking about how Peter was a fisherman when Jesus found him and asked him to follow him and become one of his disciples. We discussed how Peter was called Simon but Jesus named him Peter which means rock and he would build his church founded from all the good work Peter did to help those who needed it. We wanted the children to see that Peter would have been scared trying something new and being given such a huge responsibility but Jesus would have helped him because God always gives us everything we need to do all we need to do.
Tea Time Talk
Re-Watch this video (click on the word video) of Peter together. This can just be played on your phone or tablet or even a computer.
- What was Peters name before it was changed?
- Has there ever been a time when you were scared and asked Jesus for help? What happened?
- How many people came to know Jesus through Peter?
- What was our Big Answer on Sunday? (God gives us all we need)
- What do you need from God?
Next week in Hero Factory we learn about what happened when Peter lost his faith.