A simple initiative encouraging
the world to be kind.
If you have come to this page having received something with a Be Kind sticker, then welcome! We are so glad you’ve found us.
We hope you were blessed by whatever kindness you received!
Be Kind is an initiative of Influence Church, created in this time where kindness is needed, now more than ever. Often when panic or uncertainty hits, we go into a me first mentality. We think there is a better way to handle it, by thinking beyond our personal needs and loving others.
Be Kind is a way to spread some joy to people across the North of England, to show some light and love to our world.
The circumstances we’re facing as a country are unusual for all of us, are uncertain for many and could be pretty scary for some. The Bible is full of good advice and wisdom that applies to this time, it reassures us that there is hope and that we aren’t alone, as a Church we firmly believe that.
“Do to others, as you would have them do to you.”
Matthew 7:12 – The Bible
We all love receiving kindness! So we want to start a movement of showing some kindness to others. The world is always so much better when are all being kind together, so pass it on!
- Send a card in the post
- Leave an encouragement for a key worker like bin/postmen
- Thank teachers
- Write positive sticky notes and leave them for work colleagues
- Leave a nice note on someones car
- Order a gift from small local business’ to send to friends and family
- Write to someone every week, it could be a thank you note or just a letter
- Let someone know why you are thankful for them
- Message encouragements and scriptures to someone
- Text someone a simple good morning or good evening
- If you have children, get them to draw or paint some cards to post
- Send memes, GIFs or record a funny or thoughtful video
- Order someone take out via a local delivery service
- Create and send a care package to someone who needs it
- Send a hand written note to neighbour
- Reach out to a friend, family member or neighbour who is experiencing loneliness
- Send videos of your family to family members who live further away
- Gift someone an online film or an online book subscription
- Send someone a song or YouTube video
- Post positive stuff on social media
- Make someone a playlist (Online or good old-fashioned CD)
- Post a note through neighbours doors offering help with shopping or offer a phone call (Printable handout below)
Let’s make use of this season to be a blessing to our world! <3
In following the Government guidelines of social distancing it means that Church is going to look a little different for a while! We may not being meeting as a Church in our usual way, but the Church is still in action.
We are continuing to have Church, but maybe not as you know it. For the next few weeks our services are going to be held exclusively online!
This means that every Sunday at 11am and 5pm you’ll be able to tune in via our website, Facebook and YouTube pages and be part of an online service. This is include worship, prayer, encouragement and inspiration.
We’d love you to join us!
If you want any more information, head to influencechurch.co.uk